Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IT workforce
The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) recommends IRS' chief technology officer create an "inventory list" with the skills needed for each IT position, as well as a process for evaluating an IT employee's skills.
The Pentagon takes part in eighth annual IT Job Shadow day. It hosts more than 140 students to provide a rare look at the technology employment opportunities in the military. The goal is to get a pipeline going to replace the baby boomers who are expected to retire in the coming years.
The assessment is part of OMB's 25-point plan to reform IT. The review begins Jan. 18.
The agency plans on hiring 500 more federal employees in 2011. Officials said they could save $40 million by reducing the number of vendor employees. CBP also is hiring more lower-level employees to help keep the pipeline of skills flowing.