Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IT passback
News and buzz from the last two weeks includes a new legislative proposal from Rep. Darrell Issa on suspension and debarment and round two of the Presidential Innovation Fellows program.
Agencies must report data center consolidation savings this week to OMB in preparation for 2013 budget request. The administration keeps the IT passback guidance short with a focus only on a few priorities over the next year.
Federal News Radio obtained copies of the IT budget passback guidance and a more specific draft shared-services strategy. Both documents show OMB has a detailed plan for shared services despite asking for industry and agency input. Former federal officials say the shared-services strategy is part of waking up the dormant line of business and e-government initiatives.