Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IT modernization
Julie Perkins hosts a roundtable discussion of the hottest topics in the federal government.
April 11, 2014
Tags: workforce , hiring , budget 2015 , OPM , Department of Veterans Affairs , procurement , Eric Katz , Gov Exec , Joseph Marks , Nextgov , Jason Miller , Zach Rausnitz , FierceGov , Fed Talk , Shaw Bransford and Roth
Dave Gwyn and Chris Howard from Nutanix will discuss how their company can help you design and manage your agency's data centers.
March 25, 2014
OPM wants to bring your retirement plans into the 21st century.
John Owens, the Patent and Trademark Office's CIO, said the agency used to spend 85 percent of its IT budget on operations and maintenance (O&M) support and 15 percent on development, modernization and enhancements (DME) of systems. Now, the agency spends 50 percent on each. That change has allowed it to upgrade IT systems without additional money.
The CIO said he's using an agile approach to keep large programs on track and looking to the cloud to improve the agency's business processes.
Jul 19, 2012(Encore presentation August 27, 2012)
HUD chief information officer Jerry Williams and deputy CIO Chris Neidermayer are taking an entirely new approach to fix the agency's challenges around managing and successfully completing IT projects.
January 27, 2011
A record year for insurance crop claims pushes RMA's systems to the brink. Chad Sheridan, RMA's CIO, said recent modernization efforts kept the agency's systems processing and paying claims.
Peter Gallagher, partner in the Civilian Federal Systems group for Unisys, discusses modernizing IT systems.
March 22, 2011
The Government Accountability Office takes a look at how the Department of Housing and Urban Development is doing with modernizing IT. GAO's Randy Hite tells us about the findings.
Vendors bidding on the contract are asked to extend their prices to Nov. 30. GSA CIO Coleman said her goal was to make the award by Veterans Day.