Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IT modernization
Dawn Leaf, Labor's deputy chief information officer, said the agency is moving to a centralized infrastructure and hopes to give its bureaus a platform on which to build mission-critical apps.
Energy Department CIO Bob Brese said the launch of the OneNNSA network provides seamless identity management and collaboration services in the cloud.
Julie Perkins hosts a roundtable discussion of the hottest topics in the federal government.
April 11, 2014
Tags: workforce , hiring , budget 2015 , OPM , Department of Veterans Affairs , procurement , Eric Katz , Gov Exec , Joseph Marks , Nextgov , Jason Miller , Zach Rausnitz , FierceGov , Fed Talk , Shaw Bransford and Roth
Dave Gwyn and Chris Howard from Nutanix will discuss how their company can help you design and manage your agency's data centers.
March 25, 2014
OPM wants to bring your retirement plans into the 21st century.
John Owens, the Patent and Trademark Office's CIO, said the agency used to spend 85 percent of its IT budget on operations and maintenance (O&M) support and 15 percent on development, modernization and enhancements (DME) of systems. Now, the agency spends 50 percent on each. That change has allowed it to upgrade IT systems without additional money.
The CIO said he's using an agile approach to keep large programs on track and looking to the cloud to improve the agency's business processes.
Jul 19, 2012(Encore presentation August 27, 2012)
HUD chief information officer Jerry Williams and deputy CIO Chris Neidermayer are taking an entirely new approach to fix the agency's challenges around managing and successfully completing IT projects.
January 27, 2011
A record year for insurance crop claims pushes RMA's systems to the brink. Chad Sheridan, RMA's CIO, said recent modernization efforts kept the agency's systems processing and paying claims.
Peter Gallagher, partner in the Civilian Federal Systems group for Unisys, discusses modernizing IT systems.
March 22, 2011