Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IT infrastructure
The popularity of big data is helping your agency earn more money for its information technology budget. IT spending across the federal government rose about half a billion dollars over the past two years. A third of the overall spending goes to the IT infrastructure that keeps the big data flowing. Shawn McCarthy, research director for IDC Government Insights, was Francis Rose's guest for Industry Chatter.
The Air Force's Service Development and Delivery Process aims to deliver data hosting, enterprise management, security and other IT functions as standards-based services to be used by the entire organization.
The fledgling effort to replace IT systems aboard 193 Navy ships, called CANES, will take longer than expected. With or without sequestration, the Navy expects eight installations scheduled for 2013 to be interrupted.
AFGE's Public Policy Director Jacque Simon and
Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly of the Federal Times
will talk about the big issues affecting federal
July 25, 2012
General Dynamics wins $900 million contract to build the consolidated headquarters technology infrastructure.
It's been more than nine months since the Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative began with the intent to reduce energy usage, lower IT costs and improve security. And some federal agencies are discovering that it's difficult to reduce spending without putting some money upfront first. NASA is just one of the federal agencies trying to [...]