Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IT Dashboard
Fiscal 2011 technology budget request is $79 billion and Vivek Kundra says that will address several challenges, including closing the gap between the private and public sector. GSA will run new apps store for handheld devices. OMB will lead the review of troubled IT programs.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Howard Schmidt , OMB , VA , EPA , GSA , CGI , Apple , cybersecurity , 2011 budget , mobile computing , TechStat , program management , PMAS , HSPD-12 , identity management
Director of Sunlight Labs Clay Johnson says project will dovetail off of federal government's data.gov.
OMB Watch and 30 other open-gov groups are asking Congress to restore funding to the E-Government Fund.
OMB detailed its plans for using the $8 million E-Government Fund in a letter to Sen. Tom Carper. The administration will shut down two projects and reduce the functionalities of the others.
HUD hired Compusearch under a $4 million deal to improve the procurement business processes and integrate data with other HUD systems.
Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said Justice and Interior are the latest examples of agencies making hard decisions about underperforming IT projects. Justice canceled its litigation case management system after almost four years. Interior rescoped its Incident Management Analysis and Reporting System.
EPA CIO Jackson said he wants to dig deeper to improve programs and save money on technology systems. Others are using the data on the dashboard to have a common language across the department.
Environmental Protection Agency chief information officer Malcolm Jackson likes the transparency of the IT Dashboard. But Jackson says it only shows the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the health of EPA's technology projects.