Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IT
President Barack Obama's 2011 budget proposal, released Monday, flattens federal IT spending and orders federal departments to consolidate and centralize IT operations.FY
The Department of Veterans Affairs is asking for help to improve its innovative health IT system, Ed Meagher, is leading that initiative for the Industry Advisory Council.
Doug Bourgeois, the former director of the Interior Department's National Business Center, and now the chief cloud executive at software firm VMware, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss data center consolidation efforts.
Dan Traynor, the new CIO at the Tennessee Valley Authority, says he plans to bring leading edge technologies to the organization.
January 20, 2011
Aligned with the one-year anniversary of the Elevate America program, the Elevate America's Veterans Initiative brings together public, private and nonprofit organizations to provide veterans and their spouses with skills training and help them find employment in today's challenging job market.
Fred Whiteside, project manager for the cloud computing program at the National Institute of Standards and Technology and Wolf Tombe, chief technology officer, Customs and Border Protection joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris for a panel discussion on cloud computing in government.