Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IT
The bill does not include Senate-confirmed White House cyber coordinator position. It does include new requirements under the Clinger-Cohen Act around acquisition. The comprehensive legislation complements several of the administration's 2013 budget proposals.
Tags: technology , acquisition , contracting , cybersecurity , FISMA , Jay Rockefeller , Congress , Senate , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Steven VanRoekel , Clinger-Cohen Act , 2013 budget , Jason Miller
Gunnar Hellekson, the chief technolgoy strategist for Red Hat's U.S. public sector group, joined Industry Chatter with Francis Rose to discuss virtualization and the subscription model for agency IT.
The National Weather Service has developed and tested a more precise forecasting and warning system. Don Berchoff, the science and technology director at NWS, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how the agency got the program up and running.
Tony Montemarano, the director of strategic planning and information at DISA, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss DISA's efforts in enterprise IT.
The Census Bureau has moved a large cache of files from its AmericanFactFinder system into a new setup.
More than half of the CIOs and deputy CIOs who responded to an exclusive online Federal News Radio survey about their 2012 priorities said the recent Office of Management and Budget memo giving them oversight over commodity IT spending either will improve how they manage IT spending or codifies their existing authorities. More than two-thirds of the respondents said their agency's senior decision-makers value their input and 80 percent said those same leaders understand the value information technology brings to the mission.
The Air Force plans to host its first Software Development Forum in Colorado Springs, Colo. next month. The forum is intended to provide program managers, application owners, developers and industry personnel with a central resource and community.
The Air Force has announced Lt. Gen. Bill Lord, will retire as the service's chief information officer at the end of July. Taking over for Lord, who was named chief of warfighting integration and the chief information officer in July 2009, will be Lt. Gen. Michael Basla.
Verizon will design and manage a private Internet protocol network for the Postal Service under a new six-year agreement. The New York-based telecom has provided IT services for the agency for two decades.
An amendment to the 2012 Homeland Security Department's authorization bill would require the DHS CIO to tighten spending on and better inventory the software licenses the department purchases. Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.), who introduced the amendment, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss his proposal.