Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IRS
Acting Commissioner Danny Werfel requested Grams come back to the IRS for a third stint and leave his current role as the executive-in-charge in the Office of Management and chief financial officer at the Veterans Affairs Department.
The Internal Revenue Service named David Fisher as its new chief risk officer on Tuesday.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development, Internal Revenue Service, Office of Management and Budget and the Environmental Protection Agency will all shut down Friday because of widespread employee furloughs — giving feds a four-day holiday weekend. The Labor and Interior Departments also are telling employees to stay home.
For many people involved in the alleged scandals at the Justice Department and the Internal Revenue Service, the solution is simple: Off with their heads. Fire the offenders whether they are political appointees or career civil servants. But this isn't Paris in 1789, it's Washington in 2013 so things will go a little slower, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
White House chief of staff Denis McDonough and other senior advisers knew in late April that an impending report was likely to say the IRS had inappropriately targeted conservative groups.
When a newspaper reporter fakes a story, we are outraged. When a network TV show gets it wrong, we are stunned. But we tend to forget, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. But when a handful of government workers go rogue, maybe on orders from their political bosses, the entire workforce is tainted for a long, long time.