Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IRS
NASA and the Internal Revenue Service were among the victims of a crew of Internet bandits who devised an international scheme to hijack more than 4 million computers to generate at least $14 million in fraudulent advertising revenue, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.
IRS will offer buyouts to employees who do not deal directly with taxpayer services. It's possible that a second round of buyouts will be offered to a wider range of employees.
Gwynne Kostin, director of mobile at the GSA's Office of Citizen Services & Innovative Technologies, says the government has enough innovation to tackle the mobile challenge.
Would you take a buyout if the boss offered you one? You might want to decide now because if and when an offer comes, it won't be on the table very long, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Tom Shoop is editor-in-chief of Government Executive.
One employee union says the proposed budget cuts could result in more than 8,000 job cuts at the agency.
Watch or listen to this program on demand below
Originally Aired November 2nd @ 3:05pm
Tags: technology , identity management , HSPD-12 , Judy Spencer , GSA , Mike Butler , OSD , carol bales , OMB , barbara symonds , venkatapatni puvvada , Unisys , Gordon Hanah , Bearing Point , Jim Flyzik , Tom Trezza
Learn more from GAO's director of information security issues.
DoD, OPM to make recommendations this summer
Tags: P&B , Brad Bunn , Brenda Farrell , Darryl Perkinson , Rep. Solomon Ortiz , Rep. Randy Forbes , DoD , Navy , GAO , SSA , House Armed Services Committee , OPM , Federal Managers Association , NSPS , pay-for-performance , GS system
2010 budget request details direction administration is heading
Tags: mngt , Peter Orzsag , Barack Obama , White House , OMB , DoD , DHS , Labor , SBA , VA , Census , GAO , Jon Desenberg , Performance Institute , PART , performance measurement , management agenda , Acquisition reform , 2010 budget