Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IRS
Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) will introduce a Congressional Resolution today stating that federal employees are entitled to, and should come to expect, a reasonable degree of personal safety and security on the job.
Administration officials still claim some success
One of the hottest trends in the government is the rise of the "dashboard". White House officials tout the success of the "IT Dashboard", for example, in helping identify ineffective IT programs at the Department of Veterans Affairs. Several members of the federal accounting community recently offered their thoughts about the new dashboards.
Agencies must provide details to OFPP on how they review and deal with vendors who have not paid their taxes. IRS also is conducting a survey of its records. OMB will send President Obama a list of recommendations to improve agency processes.
The IRS is reporting that 3 million more people filed their taxes from their home computers as compared to last year.
Federal News Radio gets analysis from Stan Soloway of the Professional Services Council and Charles Rossotti of The Carlyle Group about the new executive order regarding contractors.