Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IRS
2010 budget request details direction administration is heading
Tags: mngt , Peter Orzsag , Barack Obama , White House , OMB , DoD , DHS , Labor , SBA , VA , Census , GAO , Jon Desenberg , Performance Institute , PART , performance measurement , management agenda , acquisition reform , 2010 budget
When you buy a new passenger vehicle this year, you may be entitled to deduct state and local sales and excise taxes.
President Barack Obama on Wednesday ordered a new crackdown on federal contractors who don't pay their taxes. We find out what this may mean for the IRS.
Taxpayer Advocate Nina Olson concludes that the IRS "is subject to three diverging forces - increased responsibility for non-core tax administration duties, increasing demand for taxpayer service (including telephone assistance) and declining resources to meet that demand, and collection policies that mask a laissez faire attitude toward taxpayer harm under the guise of ‘efficiency.'"
The White House recently gave 50 of the largest private sector companies' CEOs homework to help the government change the way it uses technology. And now agencies have the tough assignment. We get tips from an industry pro.