Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IG
An executive in the Patent and Trademark Office was found to have violated several federal laws when she used her position to get a relative's boyfriend a job in her agency. The inspector general of the Commerce Department investigated the matter after getting a tip from a whistleblower.
The Department of Veterans Affairs says it has made significant strides in targeting its most complicated disability claims toward its most seasoned claims processing staff, but IG audits still find errors in nearly a third of compensation claims processed for Traumatic Brain Injury.
The Office of Management and Budget has directed agencies to take full advantage of the funding flexibilities they have under law as they implement across-the-board sequestration cuts, that went into effect March 1. In an April 4 memo, OMB Controller Danny Werfel also directed agency and department leaders to be mindful of certain types of performance awards and to work with agency inspectors general before making cuts to IG offices.
A new report by the Justice Department inspector general says inaccurate data is hampering the ability of immigration courts to resolve cases involving both detained and non-detained aliens in a timely manner.
John Sepulveda, the chief human capital officer at the Veterans Affairs Department, resigned Sunday. The agency's inspector general is expected to release a final report today on two human resources conferences last year that cost the department $5 million.
From soliciting prostitution to accepting improper gifts, new documents released by the Treasury Department's inspector general outlines examples of impropriety at the agency over the past few years.
David Kotz has had a front row seat for some of the largest scandals of our time, including the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme. He reflects on his tenure as the inspector general of the Securities and Exchange Commission. Kotz's last day on the job was Friday.
The IG's report outlined several recommendations, some of which the Postal Service have already started implementing.
Defense Department Inspector General Gordon Heddell is stepping down Dec. 24.
Michael Raponi is the new inspector general at the Government Printing Office.