Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IDC Government Insights
Shawn McCarthy is the research director at IDC Government Insights.
The argument is over Google's Apps for Government. Google says they're FISMA certified. But Microsoft has released some court documents to refute that.
Shawn McCarthy, research director for IDC Government Insights, describes some IT budget trends and what they could mean for your agency in the long-run.
Federal agencies have been ordered to consolidate their datacenters, and both government IT managers and commercial systems integrators are focusing on select open source solutions and open software stacks to help ease this transition. IDC's Shawn McCarthy explains how all this works together.