Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: ICE
National ICE Council President Chris Crane disputes reports that his union has delayed implementation of a new Obama Administration policy on rounding up illegal immigrants.
The Justice Department and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement led a government-wide effort to stem the flow of counterfeit products. The White House launched a public-service campaign to let citizens know the impact of fake products on the economy. The Senate passed more stringent rules for DoD and its vendors to make sure military parts are original.
Tags: oversight , DHS , DoD , John Morton , White House , Victoria Espinel , Counterfeit products , National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center , Carl Levin , John McCain , Defense Authorization Bill , Jason Miller
The Justice Department, Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the FBI have teamed up to take 150 websites that are alleged to have sold counterfeit products.
June 24th, 2009
Former DEA, DHS and ICE official Chris Battle offers an outsider's view on how agencies are doing with web 2.0, and has a critical suggestion for how to improve results - fast.
The new directives come as the ACLU sues the agency for more information on the former policy's impact. Secretary Napolitano says the updated rules will improve privacy and civil liberties.
Secure Communities: A Comprehensive Plan to Identify and Remove Criminal Aliens (Secure Communities) is working with ICE senior leadership and offices, as well as the broader law enforcement community, to better identify criminal aliens, prioritize enforcement actions on those posing the greatest threat to public safety, and transform the entire criminal alien enforcement process.
Changes are in the works for visa security passenger pre-screening efforts in the wake of Flight 253.
The Homeland Security Department proposed a rule that would prohibit employees in certain DHS components from participating in certain outside jobs and activities. By drafting the proposals, DHS leaders are trying to prevent perceptions of conflicts of interest.
After months of complaints from immigrant advocates, the Obama administration promised in August that immigration authorities would start focusing their scarce resources on finding and deporting serious criminals.
We get analysis from David Silverberg, editor for Homeland Security Today.