Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: ICE
At least three employees at U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement have made serious complaints alleging inappropriate sexual behavior by a senior Obama administration political appointee and longtime aide to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.
Suzanne Barr, the chief of staff for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, has placed herself on leave pending a review by the DHS Office of Inspector General and the ICE Office of Professional Responsibility. The review focuses on accusations made in a lawsuit filed by a fellow ICE employee.
The Department of Homeland Security's inspector general partnered with both Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement personnel to investigate an increasing number of cases. Leaders of all three reported to a House subcommittee hearing that the collaboration has benefited the investigation process.
Budget pressures and a change in mission leads to cuts in U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Border stations in California, Montana, Idaho and Texas face closures that will affect 48 border patrol members.
The Customs and Border Protection directorate wants to weed out agents who "go bad" years into their careers, using more lie detector tests. Background checks at the Transportation Security Administration have kept more than 5,000 potentially bad actors from joining the TSA workforce. At Immigration and Customs Enforcement, leaders emphasize the importance of employee outreach and education to prevent corruption.
Tags: corruption , oversight , management , CBP , DHS , Thomas Winkowski , James Duncan , Timothy Moynihan , Michael McCaul , House Homeland Security Committee , Subcommittee on Oversight, Investigations and Management , ethics , Ruben Gomez
Three Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents were shot and injured Thursday while serving "high-risk" warrants during an early morning sweep of San Francisco Bay area gang members, authorities said.
The federal government agreed on Thursday to pay $11 million to the relatives of three women who were killed when an on-duty immigration agent ran a stop sign in 2009.