Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: ICC
There were complaints about the Intercounty Connector's environmental impact years before construction even began on the toll road, and now the government is starting a series of environmental projects along the ICC.
Tuesday is the last day drivers without an E-ZPass will get a break on the InterCounty Connector.
If you have an E-ZPass, do you just zip through a toll plaza without thinking about the money you're spending? If you do, the authority that runs Maryland's toll roads might just take advantage.
Google may have invented time travel, or at least has made a mistake about just how much of the Intercounty Connector is completed.
The first section of the Intercounty Connector just opened, but there is already a call to privatize it.
When a new highway opens, you'd expect it to improve traffic. But did the new InterCounty Connector in Maryland actually make traffic worse?
Tags: InterCounty Connector , Reada Kessler , Chris Roth , WTOP Traffic , Adam Tuss , Melinda Peters , Route 28 , Olney , Shady Grove , Georgia Avenue , Muncaster Mill , Layhill , Norbeck , E-ZPass , toll road
Chris Core, commentator
Between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m., about 1,100 cars used the ICC. Another 400 cars drove the stretch between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. Maryland starts collecting tolls on the ICC March 7.
If you take the InterCounty Connector when it opens, you'll have to pay a fee, but you won't pay the toll in cash at a toll booth. You'll need an E-ZPass transponder.
Don't look for the InterCounty Connector to open Tuesday. Maryland pushed back the opening of the toll road until 6 a.m. Wednesday because of the wintry weather that's expected.