Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IBM Center for the Business of Government
John Kamensky from the IBM Center for The Business of Government talks about two decades of a results-oriented federal performance management system. Allan Holmes of Bloomberg Government discusses the top technology issues facing the government in 2013. Jeffrey Neal of ICF International sheds light on OPM's new guide to executive development. Jacque Simon of AFGE discusses legislation that could freeze federal pay to the end of the year.
What makes an effective leader? Why pursue a career in public service? Over a dozen past and current government executives shared their extended reflection on the next The Business of Government Hour.
A Conversation with Chuck Prow, editor and Dave
Walker, contributor, Governing to Win:
Enhancing National Competitiveness through New
Policy and Operating Approaches.
Roy Smith of the Interactive Technology Group talks about his career in procurement. Anthony Vegliante of the USPS says no more buyouts. Kevin Concannon of the USDA discusses support for hurricane victims. IBM's Dan Chenok reviews the challenges President Obama may face in his second term.
Tags: Roy Smith , Interactive Technology Group , acquisitions , Anthony Vegliante , USPS , Agency of the Month , Kevin Concannon , USDA , Hurricane Sandy , Dan Chenok , Center for Business of Government , Federal Drive
A new report from the Partnership for Public Service and the IBM Center for the Business of Government says data analytics could transform federal management much the way the proliferation of smartphones and mobile technology has reshaped society at large. But that will require a full-scale culture change at agencies, with both managers and rank-and-file employees willing to sign on.
Dan Chenok, executive director of the IBM Center for the Business of Governor will talk about a survey conducted by the center.
October 9, 2012
Dan Chenok, executive director of the IBM Center for the Business of Government discusses a survey that the company conducted on collaboration.
October 9, 2012
In 2010, the Office of Management and Budget unveiled a sweeping plan to reform federal IT projects, encompassing 25 focus areas. Among them: Shuttering data centers and transitioning to cloud-computing platforms and implementing more robust metrics and processes to effectively manage large-scale IT projects. Federal IT experts evaluate agencies' progress on the initiative and discuss why they believe it has been effective as part of the special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years.
John Kamensky, senior fellow at the IBM Center for the Business of Government, and Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership for Public Service , count down the top federal news story of the week.
Jim Williams, senior vice president of business development at Daon, and Dan Chenok, executive director of the IBM Center for the Business of Government, count down the top federal news story of the week.