Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IBM
The National Records and Archives Administration will modify its Electronic Records System for the first time since it went into the operations and maintenance phase. Mike Wash, NARA's CIO, said the use of Technical Direction Letters is one of the key lessons learned from the TechStat session ERA went through in 2010.
The General Services Administration's new System for Award Management (SAM) is not running smoothly one week after it launched. GSA told IBM to fix the system or face possible penalties.
IBM Federal General Manager Todd Ramsey busts myths about government procurement. Although well-conceived, he said current acquisition procedures do more harm than good.
Todd Ramsey of IBM and Jonathan Breul, executive director of the IBM Center for the Business of Government, offer the contractor's point of view on acquisition. Carolyn Colvin of the Social Security Administration details a new program to help veterans apply for disability. Roy Smith of ITG discusses the Rapid Acquisition Program.
The IBM Center for the Business of Government released a report examining the lessons from the execution of the stimulus over the last three years.
Author Ines Mergel tells us if tweets are the proverbial trees that fall in the woods or a powerful change agent. Tom Harris, the head of public sector research at Deloitte UK, talks about recent case studies on how other governments are effectively downsizing.
Under the one-year contract, Big Blue will develop a system to collect data for the Public Building Service to analyze to find areas to become more energy efficient.
Lockheed Martin will join a team of several other large companies in a bid for the Navy's forthcoming multibillion dollar Next Generation Enterprise Network contract.
Tags: Navy , Technology , DoD , NMCI , Lockheed Martin , AT&T , Hewlett Packard , computer sciences corporation , Harris Corporation , General Dynamics , Verizon , Shawn Hendricks , Jared Serbu , AT&T , Northrop Grumman
The National Institute of Standards and Technology is sponsoring an upcoming conference to bring together industry and agencies to figure out ways to improve how they use unstructured data.
The service hires eight vendors to provide private cloud computing services.
Tags: Technology , Contracting , Industry , Army , Data center consolidation , area processing centers , Jason Miller , Criterion Systems , General Dynamics One Source , Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Services , HP Enterprise , Lockheed Martin , MicroTech , Northrop Grumman