Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: IAC/ACT
Acting Administrator Dan Tangherlini said GSA has at least 15 different bonus structures and there are questions about the agency's award rates. He said 85 percent of all SES performance awards are on hold in through 2013. GSA also will not hire new employees until a top-to-bottom review of the agency's organization is completed.
The program launches initial operating capability today. GSA expects the first set of provisionally approved cloud service providers to be ready in December. In the meantime, agencies are holding vendors accountable for coming very close to FedRAMP standards.
CIO Adrian Gardner said he will pilot the technology this summer. VDI also will help with foreign nationals who need access to some of the space agency's data for collaborative projects. Gardner said the Innovations program is looking other leading-edge software.
The number of data centers has almost tripled over the past 10 years across government. One estimate is that 80 percent of all these capabilities are underutilized. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra says cloud computing is part of the answer to reducing the data center infrastructure.
Tags: contracting , technology , Gary Winkler , Jeff Sorenson , Vivek Kundra , Greg Wilshusen , Diane Watson , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Army , OMB , GSA , GAO , DHS , Executive Leadership Conference , data center , APCs , cybersecurity