Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: I-66
Time is money, and a new report says some major transportation investments could save area residents both.
With the holidays over and no snow in sight, construction work and lane closures will kick into overdrive this week across the D.C. region.
An Alexandria man driving an airport shuttle van has been charged in a series of hit-and-run crashes in Arlington and Fairfax counties.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell talks with WTOP's Mark Segraves
Some say Arlington County is way ahead of the curve when it comes to smart, sustainable transportation. Others say the county is hindering regional transportation projects. WTOP's Adam Tuss and Hank Silverberg take a closer look at transportation issues in Arlington.
Tags: I-395 , I-95 , High Occupancy Toll lanes , HOT lanes , Beltway , Capital Beltway , Bob McDonnell , Rosslyn-Ballston corridor , Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance , Bob Chase , Arlington County Board , Jay Fisette , Adam Tuss , Hank Silverberg
Road closures continue to mount as the construction of a massive transportation development in Tysons Corner chugs on.
The Virginia Department of Transportation is moving ahead with a speed limit increase from 65 to 70 mph on sections of roads like I-66, I-95 and I-81.
You can't get to Gainesville from Rosslyn on I-66, at least if you ask Google Maps for directions.
"We do believe HOT lanes have a great future in this region," says Virginia Transportation Secretary Sean Connaughton.
Tags: Interstate 66 , Orange Line , Virginia Department of Transportation , Sean Connaughton , Capital Beltway , Dulles Toll Road , HOT lanes , Sprawl & Crawl , Adam Tuss , High Occupancy Toll lanes , Sprawl and Crawl
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell was the guest Tuesday on WTOP's "Ask The Governor" program.