Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Howard Schmidt
Malware not being looked for on mobile devices; Zeus v3 targets Spain, Germany, UK, and USA banks,
DHS will oversee and provide assistance to civilian agencies to improve how they protect their computer networks. White House cyber coordinator Schmidt says the goal of the memo is to make sure agency roles and responsibilities are clear. Schmidt also calls for more valuable public-private partnerships.
Learn more in today's cybersecurity update.
Sometime in the next few weeks, the Senate is expected to take up a bill designed to strengthen the nation's cybersecurity infrastructure. The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee approved the legislation Thursday by voice vote.
Tags: Congress , technology , cybersecurity , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Tom Carper , John Pistole , TSA , Federal Managers Association , Tom Coburn , Carl Levin , Barack Obama , Max Cacas
White House to give identity management a push
Cyber coordinator Schmidt says the administration will issue a draft national strategy for secure online transactions by Friday. The goal is to make identity management easy to use, secure and interoperable to conduct business with the government and the private sector. Schmidt says transactions are key to everything the White House wants to do.
WFED's Jason Miller reports.
The challenge of securing the nation's IT infrastructure has often been likened to building an airplane as it flies through the air -- or even herding cats.
Cybersecurity provisions stuffed in Defense Appropriations bill, Cyberattack hits Treasury Credit Union
When it comes to securing the nation's cybersecurity infrastructure, how do federal officials think of the future? One of the top cybersecurity officials at the Department of Homeland Security weighed in on the topic at the ISC2 SecureAmericas conference yesterday.