Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Howard Schmidt
An internet ID for Americans would be different from a national ID card... or would it?
White House Cybersecurity Coordinator Howard Schmidt announced the formation of the National Program Office to manage the administration's plan to enhance security in cyberspace. The new office will align government standards with industry innovation to create a safer online environment.
White House Security Coordinator Howard Schmidt outlines the administration's plan for the new cybersecurity office.
The IP initiative is just one in a group of changes the administration is making to Internet policy.
Pat Clawson, Chairman and CEO of Lumension joins Francis Rose on InDepth
More than 200 Washington, D.C.-area high school students and teachers learned about the exciting career opportunities in the field of cybersecurity today during the Northrop Grumman Corporation Cybersecurity Education Workshop. Northrop's Diane Miller gives us the details.
In a first, the Department of Homeland Security launched its annual National Cybersecurity Awareness Month from two cities at the same time: Washington, D.C. and Seattle. Officials reminded government, industry and the general public about good cyber hygiene.
Administration's working group also is looking at policies and regulations that need to be updated. DoD calls on Congressional support when the White House submits its package of legislative changes. Meanwhile, DHS has released a draft of the National Cyber Incident Response Plan.
Group tries to build trust in cyberspace, Thumbs up for cyber coordination
White House cyber coordinator says using secure identity cards and working more closely with industry among his top short term priorities. He says a new strategy to secure online transactions also is on track for the President's signature this fall. And he's closely watching Capitol Hill as Senate lawmakers may be close to completing draft of consolidated cyber bill.
Tags: technology , Harry Reid , White House , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , cybersecurity , HSPD-12 , secure identity management , National Strategy for Trusted Identities in Cybers , Jason Miller