Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Howard Schmidt
The White House is leading a new effort to secure online transactions across the federal, state and local governments and eventually in the private sector. The creation of the new document is being led by cybersecurity coordinator Howard Schmidt and includes DHS. It is one way the administration hopes to improve cybersecurity. OMB soon will release a new approach to measuring FISMA compliance.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Diane Watson , Tom Lockwood , OMB , White House Cybersecurity Coordinator , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , DHS , defense , State , DoJ , Treasury , USPS , GPO , DEA , USPTO , FISMA , cybersecurity , National Strategy for Secure Online Transactions , PKI , Federal Bridge
Fiscal 2011 technology budget request is $79 billion and Vivek Kundra says that will address several challenges, including closing the gap between the private and public sector. GSA will run new apps store for handheld devices. OMB will lead the review of troubled IT programs.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , OMB , VA , EPA , GSA , CGI , Apple , cybersecurity , 2011 budget , IT Dashboard , mobile computing , TechStat , program management , PMAS , HSPD-12 , identity management
In first public speech, Howard Schmidt details five main focus areas, including updating the federal cybersecurity strategy. He also answers questions about how he will work with the NSC and NEC, and with the federal CIO and CTO. Schmidt says the administration has a big opportunity to improve the long-term cyber health of the government and industry.
A new directive from the military formalizes a pilot program between the DoD and the Defense Industrial Base. DoD and vendors will create an information sharing environment for threats and best practices.
Sources tell FederalNewsRadio that a leading candidate is a staff member on the Senate Intelligence Committee. In the meantime, former White House cybersecurity lead Hathaway and other industry experts offer the new cyber coordinator some advice about priorities and challenges.
Tags: technology , management , James Langevin , Sameer Bhalotra , White House , Senate Select Committee on Intelligence , DHS , DoD , NSA , FBI , ODNI , Melissa Hathaway , Mischel Kwon , Liesyl Franz , TechAmerica , RSA , Hathaway Global Strategies , information sharing
A group of influential lawmakers send the President a letter emphasizing the need to strengthen national cybersecurity, emphasizing their concerns and recommendations.
Tags: technology , Joesph Lieberman , Harry Reid , Jay Rockefeller , Carl Levin , Dianne Feinstein , Patrick Leahy , John Kerry , Anna Eshoo , Barack Obama , White House , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , cybersecurity , cyberspace coordinator , Meg Beasley
White House cybersecurity coordinator Howard Schmidt says his office will focus on privacy as much as it will focus on cybersecurity. He says the government can't have security without privacy. Experts say they are pleased with Schmidt's initial ideas, but wonder where the privacy oversight board is.
The President has chosen Howard Schmidt to be the White House Cybersecurity Coordinator. Alan Paller, director of research at the SANS Institute, told Federal News Radio Schmidt is well aware that 'Washington is a town that eats its young.'
Apple's iPad tablet could be tempting as a federal business tool, but it lacks security and manageability features.