Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: House Ways and Means Committee
John Koskinen, sworn in as IRS commissioner in late December, has been meeting with frontline employees and crunching numbers for the last several weeks. He told Congress Wednesday that every corner of the agency is underfunded, and as a direct result, the Treasury is collecting fewer dollars than it should.
The bill to repeal a requirement that governments withhold some payments to vendors would add more than $11 billion to the deficit, according the Congressional Budget Office. A key House committee has already passed the bill.
The reformation of the country's health care system is one of the next priorities for President Barack Obama and Congress, and the Department of Health and Human Services and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services will be at the center of this effort.
The Social Security Administration wants to start talks about preparing for furloughs, according to a letter from the agency to the union representing SSA employees.
The Social Security Administration's process for citizens to file claims can create just as much wasteful spending as intentional fraud.
AFGE plans to protest on Wednesday the possible spending cuts to the Social Security Administration in more than 20 states. SSA Commission Astrue tried to alleviate spending concerns with an e-mail to employees. Meanwhile, SSA and AFGE are negotiating a new contract.
Agency officials say the House's proposed budget could mean furloughs and layoffs. Reduced funding also could slow the construction of SSA's new data center. Officials say the current computer center poses a high risk for outages that would impact critical operations.