Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: House Ways and Means Committee
John Koskinen, sworn in as IRS commissioner in late December, has been meeting with frontline employees and crunching numbers for the last several weeks. He told Congress Wednesday that every corner of the agency is underfunded, and as a direct result, the Treasury is collecting fewer dollars than it should.
The bill to repeal a requirement that governments withhold some payments to vendors would add more than $11 billion to the deficit, according the Congressional Budget Office. A key House committee has already passed the bill.
The reformation of the country's health care system is one of the next priorities for President Barack Obama and Congress, and the Department of Health and Human Services and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services will be at the center of this effort.
The Social Security Administration wants to start talks about preparing for furloughs, according to a letter from the agency to the union representing SSA employees.
The Social Security Administration's process for citizens to file claims can create just as much wasteful spending as intentional fraud.
AFGE plans to protest on Wednesday the possible spending cuts to the Social Security Administration in more than 20 states. SSA Commission Astrue tried to alleviate spending concerns with an e-mail to employees. Meanwhile, SSA and AFGE are negotiating a new contract.
Agency officials say the House's proposed budget could mean furloughs and layoffs. Reduced funding also could slow the construction of SSA's new data center. Officials say the current computer center poses a high risk for outages that would impact critical operations.