Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
The chairman of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee said he will hold a hearing when Congress returns from recess on the scathing IG report and other shortcoming at GSA's Public Building Service. Scott Amey of POGO said the management failures at GSA show a systemic problem.
The administration expects to submit a legislative proposal to Congress by the end of April outlining how they will create a board to improve the process to dispose of excess property. OMB controller Danny Werfel said the White House will follow DoD's BRAC effort in many ways. Some lawmakers question OMB's leadership in this effort.
The Federal Highway Administration is looking at how converting shoulder lanes into regular lanes can cut highway congestion. It's a practice already being done in parts of our area.
Senate also considering separate extension bill that would end furloughs, but Sen. Bunning has put hold on it. Transportation furloughs 2,000 employees and stops 41 major construction projects because it doesn't have funding.
Tags: pay and benefits , Ray Lahood , Nancy Pelosi , Harry Reid , Frank Lautenberg , James Oberstar , Richard Durbin , Jim Bunning , Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Commit , DoT , employee furloughs