Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
House staff report suggests TSA delayed, misled congressional investigators about contents of Texas warehouse that holds security screening equipment.
Oversight and Government Reform Committee subpoenas Jeff Neely, PBS region 9 commissioner, to appear. Along with Neely, PBS Deputy Commissioner David Foley and former Administrator Martha Johnson are on the witness list. The Transportation and Infrastructure Committee also is expected to hear from GSA Deputy Administrator Susan Brita, CFO Alison Doone and event planner Lisa Daniels.
Tags: management , GSA , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , Senate Environment and Public Works Commitee , Congress , House , Senate , Jeff Neely , David Foley , Martha Johnson , Bob Peck , Susan Brita , John Mica , Brian Miller , Shakeup at GSA , oversight , Jason Miller
The chairman of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee said he will hold a hearing when Congress returns from recess on the scathing IG report and other shortcoming at GSA's Public Building Service. Scott Amey of POGO said the management failures at GSA show a systemic problem.
The administration expects to submit a legislative proposal to Congress by the end of April outlining how they will create a board to improve the process to dispose of excess property. OMB controller Danny Werfel said the White House will follow DoD's BRAC effort in many ways. Some lawmakers question OMB's leadership in this effort.
The Federal Highway Administration is looking at how converting shoulder lanes into regular lanes can cut highway congestion. It's a practice already being done in parts of our area.
Senate also considering separate extension bill that would end furloughs, but Sen. Bunning has put hold on it. Transportation furloughs 2,000 employees and stops 41 major construction projects because it doesn't have funding.
Tags: pay and benefits , Ray Lahood , Nancy Pelosi , Harry Reid , Frank Lautenberg , James Oberstar , Richard Durbin , Jim Bunning , Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Commit , DoT , employee furloughs