Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: House Small Business Committee
A bill introduced in the House today aims to give small businesses more opportunities in contract bundling.
Lawmakers on the House Small Business Committee introduced three bipartisan bills Wednesday aimed at contracting reform.
Republican House lawmakers are frustrated and concerned over the draft Executive Order requiring contractors to make campaign contributions public. OFPP's Dan Gordon declines to answer specific questions about the proposal, but said transparency is key to ensuring trust in the procurement system.
Tags: contracting , industry , Dan Gordon , Darrell Issa , Sam Graves , Elijah Cummings , Nydia Velazquez , Tim Walberg , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , OFPP , White House , FEC , draft executive order , political contributions , Disclose Act , Jason Miller
In part 4 of Federal News Radio's investigative series "Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA," allegations of cronyism and conflict of interest in the acquisition process arise. Over the past year, lawmakers and auditors have raised concerns about the agency's acquisition practices. SBA officials deny the accusations and say they are strengthening their acquisition processes.
Tags: management , contracting , Ethel Matthews , Jonathan Swain , Karen Mills , Olympia Snowe , Nydia Velazquez , Eileen Harrington , Sara Lipscomb , SBA , Senate Small Business Committee , FTC , Bill Shook , Rosemarie Straight , Tom Wimer , KnowledgeBank , McKinsey and Company , conflict of interest , whistleblower retaliation , Recovery Act , Discouraged and Disrespected at SBA , Jason Miller
Grande Lum will lead a program that has been plagued by fraud and abuse. GAO successfully received HUBZone certifications for three bogus firms in sting operation. SBA administrator promises more oversight of the program.
Senate Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committee passes small business contracting bill focusing on four main areas. Agencies would have to justify bundled contracts and create new policy to oversee subcontracting. Vendors do not support all provisions of the bill.
Tags: contracting , Mary Landrieu , Olympia Snowe , Ben Cardin , Greg Willis , Senate Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committ , SBA , GSA , Larry Allen , Coalition for Government Procurement , Small business contracting , small business goals , contract bundling , Subcontracting , Small business size standards , Multiple award contracts