Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: House Oversight and Government Reform Committee
Six of the eight Thrift Savings Plans funds are down over the last month. The I and S funds have taken the biggest hits. The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board said the rollout of the Roth TSP option has been slow, but should pick up in the next few weeks.
House staff report suggests TSA delayed, misled congressional investigators about contents of Texas warehouse that holds security screening equipment.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is marking up legislation today that would increase federal employees' contributions to their pension by 5 percent over five years.
Inspector General Brian Miller testified Monday that GSA's Region 9 remains under further investigation for potential bribery and kickbacks. Martha Johnson, the former chief of the General Services Administration, was hammered by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee over what she knew about a 2010 Las Vegas conference and when she knew it. Johnson resigned her post after an inspector general report detailed excessive spending at the $822,000 event.
The Government Accountability Office says that even while the Army has made some strides toward improving its pay practices, the service is a long way off from the kind of data integrity independent experts would need to see in order to green light the systems as audit-ready.
Tags: DoD , Congress , Army , management , financial management , audit readiness , Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Government , pay and benefits , workforce , GAO , Asif Khan , Kirk Zechinni , IPPS-A , Jeanne Brooks , James Watkins , DFAS , DMDC , Jared Serbu
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who chairs the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said a recent mishap involving the Presidential Management Fellowship not only threatens the program's prestige but could point to larger technology issues within OPM.
Faced with a 423-page report from the Government Accountability Office detailing potential duplication, fragmentation and overlap in nearly every corner of government, lawmakers pointed a finger at themselves for reducing oversight of federal programs and trying to fix problems without understanding what solutions the government already offered.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is taking a harder line on fraud in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP, formerly known as the food stamp program.
From food safety to economic development, federal programs are filled with potential duplication, fragmentation and overlap, according to a report from the Government Accountability Office. GAO identified 51 new areas that need attention at a time when Congress is debating department budgets and the White House is calling for greater authority to reorganize agencies.