Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: House Oversight and Government Reform Committee
Postmaster General Pat Donahoe said he's ready to announce more RIFs and without legislative help USPS will face insolvency this year. Sen. Susan Collins introduced a bill to help solve some of the challenges the Postal Services faces.
Tags: management , pay and benefits , Susan Collins , Stephen Lynch , Pat Donahoe , Darrell Issa , Dennis Ross , USPS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , FERS , CSRS , budget , Jason Miller
Chairman Darrell Issa announced the launch of his committee's hearings on YouTube. Issa said the videos are a first step to a more transparent government.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) lays out his agenda as new head of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.
Congressmen introduce legislation requiring agencies to transition to the new telecommunications contract from FTS2001 by May 2010. Towns said the government could lose $500 million because of the delays.
The Senate Armed Services Committee has agreed to hold a hearing Sept. 9.
Despite the potential benefits, a congressional watchdog warns that a more detailed game plan is needed to cover security and procedural concerns about cloud computing voiced by federal agencies themselves.
Chairman says government buying power should be saving taxpayers money; instead, dollars are wasted because of implementation delays.
Vendors pessimistic that agencies can transition all services to Networx by June 2011. GSA says it will decide a few months before the contract ends whether to extend the current telecommunications contract.
Tags: Technology , contracting , Steve Kempf , Sanjeev Bhagowalia , Ed Towns , Darrell Issa , Jean Weinberg , Vivek Kundra , GSA , Interior , OMB , Interagency Management Council , Qwest , AT&T , Verizon , Diana Gowen , Don Herring , Susan Zeleniak , Networx , FTS 2001 , telecommunications , Jason Miller
Reps. Langevin and McCaul introduce legislation that takes into account many of the recommendations of the Commission on Cybersecurity for the 44th President. The White House cyber office would have full policy and budget authority over all civilian agencies.
My countdown of the three biggest news stories of the week, as chosen by experts on the Federal government
Tags: Federal News Countdown , Jonathan Breul , Debra Roth , Todd Platts , Comptroller General , Government Accountability Office , National Security Agency , transition , Fort Hood , Robert Gates , acquisition , Defense Department , DoD , pentagon , Federal Protective Service