Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: House Oversight and Government Reform Committee
Federal contractors may be getting away with fraud or shoddy work, according to a Government Accountability Office study of five years' worth of federal contracts. GAO found that most agencies are not using enforcement tools meant to cut off the flow of public funds to bad contractors.
Lawmakers charged with reducing the federal deficit should look to contractors' compensation rather than reduce government workers' pay and benefits, a coalition of federal unions and management associations wrote in a letter to supercommittee leaders.
Tags: Susan Collins , Joe Lieberman , pay and benefits , Federal-Postal Coalition , supercommittee , congress , budget , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , Emily Kopp , deficit , hiring , workforce
GAO report to Congress shows a 17 percent increase over last year.
The General Services Administration in the next week will unveil a new system making it easier for agencies to understand if a contractor is found guilty of breaking a law.
Tags: contracting , Elaine Duke , Drew Luten , Greg Woods , Richard Skinner , Calvin Scovel , Ed Towns , Donald Gambatesa , DHS , DoT , USAID , GSA , suspension and debarment , contractor oversight , FAPIIS , PPIRS
Politico's Jake Sherman brings us analysis.
Rep. Lynch calls department guidance "unacceptable." Others say agency more worried about public relations than employee health.
Rep. Connolly wants to codify Chopra's role and give CTO more oversight over computer defenses. Rep. Watson also to introduce cyber bill this summer.
Texas Democrat's bill would modernize how the government appropriates, measures funding. Agency progress with financial management oversight improves slightly, but still no consolidated audit opinion.
Tags: mngt , Henry Cuellar , Diana Watson , Gene Dodaro , Richard Gregg , DHS , DoD , NASA , GAO , Treasury , Army Corps of Engineers , financial management , audit opinion , CFO Act , Performance based budgeting