Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
The Department of Homeland Security expects an audit of its IT systems will bring relatively good news in two weeks. Last year's audit found 161 issues in technology systems throughout the agency. Those problems ranged from a lack of disaster recovery plans to the inability to block former employees from accessing department IT systems.
The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform passed two bills on Wednesday that prohibit a person with "seriously delinquent tax debt" from being a federal employee or contractor.
The Postal Service will save more than $3 billion over the next several years under a labor agreement it negotiated with one of its largest unions, Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe will tell Congress Tuesday. House lawmakers have called a hearing to examine the deal with the American Postal Workers Union and other USPS workforce issues.
A financial accounting task force said the government's accounts are too hard to understand and are misleading. A House Oversight subcommittee held the first of a series of hearings on making agency spending data more transparent and more user-friendly.
House oversight subcommittee will kick off the financial management agenda next week.
Democratic ranking members of the Oversight subcommitees were announced Thursday.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), chairman of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, announced subcommittee leadership positions today. Freshmen and veterans alike will hold gavels in the 112th Congress.