Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: House Armed Services Committee
House committee authorizes 10 pilots to try alternative approaches. Defense Science Board recommends ways to improve IT procurement across the military.
Officials tell lawmakers that new strategy will cut time, costs
The Defense Department Tuesday will try to explain to lawmakers just how much progress it has made with its electronic health record system, called AHLTA.
Lawmakers place focus on government's relationship with industry to protect computer networks. Military testing system with Defense Industrial Base to share threat information.
Tags: technology , Lt. Gen. Keith Alexander , Bob Lentz , Rep. Diane Watson , Rep. Brian Billbray , Rep. Jim Marshall , Rep. Jeff Miller , DoD , NSA , STRATCOM , DHS , ODNI , OMB , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , cybersecurity
The House Armed Services Committee today formed a panel to figure out how best to reform the Defense Department's acquisition programs and processes.
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta wants the department to have at least part of its books ready for audit well in advance of the Congressionally-mandated 2017 deadline. The edict could prove challenging for some components of DoD.
In this week's "Pentagon Solutions," host Francis Rose brings highlights from the House Armed Services Committee Panel on Defense Financial Management and Auditability Reform hearing, "Is the Financial Management Workforce Positioned to Achieve DOD's Financial Improvement Goals?"
There's another voice in the effort to reform the defense acquisition process. After mounting evidence the defense acquisition system was not nimble enough to respond to changing needs, not tough enough in protecting taxpayer money, and not disciplined enough in weapons systems acquisition, the House Armed Services Committee created the Defense Acquisition Reform Panel to find solutions to these problems.