Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: House Armed Services Committee
DoD addressing long-standing shortcomings, including hiring 20,000 acquisition workers over the next five years. Reforms of the 1990s big reason for procurement problems, deputy secretary says.
Experts say command would better organize military capabilities
DoD proposes new rule to withhold payment on contracts if auditors find deficiencies in accounting, estimating, earned value management and other business systems. Recent hearing found 69 of top 100 Pentagon contractors have at least one flawed system.
DoD, State and USAID have a new understanding about how to use the Synchronized Predeployment and Operational Tracker (SPOT) as their system for tracking required information
House committee authorizes 10 pilots to try alternative approaches. Defense Science Board recommends ways to improve IT procurement across the military.
Officials tell lawmakers that new strategy will cut time, costs
The Defense Department Tuesday will try to explain to lawmakers just how much progress it has made with its electronic health record system, called AHLTA.
Lawmakers place focus on government's relationship with industry to protect computer networks. Military testing system with Defense Industrial Base to share threat information.
Tags: technology , Lt. Gen. Keith Alexander , Bob Lentz , Rep. Diane Watson , Rep. Brian Billbray , Rep. Jim Marshall , Rep. Jeff Miller , DoD , NSA , STRATCOM , DHS , ODNI , OMB , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , cybersecurity
The House Armed Services Committee today formed a panel to figure out how best to reform the Defense Department's acquisition programs and processes.