Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: House Armed Services Committee
Every four years, the Department of Defense takes a look at where we are and where we're going. The result is the Quadrennial Defense Review.
The expanding Chinese military budget is causing some concern at agencies and on the Hill.
Pentagon officials try to ease lawmakers' fears about whether renewable energy projects are affecting military functions. DoD has set up a task force to look at this issue, and wants to use advanced technology to help plan for projects.
DoD, OPM to make recommendations this summer
Tags: P&B , Brad Bunn , Brenda Farrell , Darryl Perkinson , Rep. Solomon Ortiz , Rep. Randy Forbes , DoD , Navy , GAO , SSA , IRS , OPM , Federal Managers Association , NSPS , pay-for-performance , GS system
DoD authorization bill calls for all converted employees to return to GS system. Legislation also would suspend A-76 for three years.
Tags: pay & benefits , contracting , Rep. Ike Skelton , Rep. Jim Langevin , Rep. Susan Davis , Rep. Carol Shea-Porter , Robert Gates , DoD , NSPS , pay for performance , A-76 , Public-private competitions , acquisition reform , pay raise , General Schedule system
DoD addressing long-standing shortcomings, including hiring 20,000 acquisition workers over the next five years. Reforms of the 1990s big reason for procurement problems, deputy secretary says.
Experts say command would better organize military capabilities
DoD proposes new rule to withhold payment on contracts if auditors find deficiencies in accounting, estimating, earned value management and other business systems. Recent hearing found 69 of top 100 Pentagon contractors have at least one flawed system.
DoD, State and USAID have a new understanding about how to use the Synchronized Predeployment and Operational Tracker (SPOT) as their system for tracking required information