Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: House Armed Services Committee
The Pentagon said it needs a much clearer picture of the subcontractors beneath the top tier of prime vendors it works with every day. DoD is trying to create a comprehensive map of the entire defense industry so it can keep critical suppliers healthy during an expected period of industry consolidation.
Amid calls for military retirement reform, Pentagon officials say the system that's in place right now is not the main driver of the department's escalating personnel costs and is affordable . Their remarks Tuesday before a Congressional subcommittee run counter to a Defense Business Board report that suggested retirement costs may eventually crowd out warfighting capability.
The government's promise of lifetime health care for the military's men and women is suddenly a little less sacrosanct as Congress looks to slash trillion-dollar-plus deficits.
Experts differ on how the position should work
Every four years, the Department of Defense takes a look at where we are and where we're going. The result is the Quadrennial Defense Review.
The expanding Chinese military budget is causing some concern at agencies and on the Hill.
Pentagon officials try to ease lawmakers' fears about whether renewable energy projects are affecting military functions. DoD has set up a task force to look at this issue, and wants to use advanced technology to help plan for projects.
DoD, OPM to make recommendations this summer
Tags: P&B , Brad Bunn , Brenda Farrell , Darryl Perkinson , Rep. Solomon Ortiz , Rep. Randy Forbes , DoD , Navy , GAO , SSA , IRS , OPM , Federal Managers Association , NSPS , pay-for-performance , GS system
DoD authorization bill calls for all converted employees to return to GS system. Legislation also would suspend A-76 for three years.
Tags: Pay & Benefits , contracting , Rep. Ike Skelton , Rep. Jim Langevin , Rep. Susan Davis , Rep. Carol Shea-Porter , Robert Gates , DoD , NSPS , pay for performance , A-76 , Public-private competitions , acquisition reform , pay raise , General Schedule system