Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: House
Bob Cusack, managing editor at The Hill newspaper, tells The Federal Drive with Tom Temin that House Republicans are at odds over their election-year budget.
Rep. Dennis Ross (R-Fla.) is defending himself after responding to a op-ed piece in the Washington Post that claimed some members of Congress are attacking feds unfairly. Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief of Government Executive, which orignally posted Ross' remarks, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the developments.
The government's power to spend federal Highway Trust Fund money on transportation programs and to levy federal gas and diesel taxes that support the trust fund are due to expire March 31.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), who chairs the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said a recent mishap involving the Presidential Management Fellowship not only threatens the program's prestige but could point to larger technology issues within OPM.
A check-up of how well the Homeland Security Department is unifying its 22 agencies finds the patient getting better, but still weak. The House Homeland Security Subcommittee on Oversight, Investigations and Management examined the agency's acquisition, human resources and financial management systems. While DHS has a roadmap for improvement, it may not have the tools to implement it.
With a Capitol Hill rally Wednesday and a three-day legislative conference to follow, NTEU President Colleen Kelley discusses the union's priorities for the year ahead.
David Hawkings, the editor of the CQ-Roll Call Daily Briefing, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the congressional calendar, budget resolutions and the election-year politics that are sure to get in the way of lawmakers' work in passing agency budget.