Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: House
The House voted to give the intelligence community a few billion dollars more Thursday than the White House wanted for next year's budget _ a price tag that covers the range of intelligence needs from the CIA to the high-tech satellites that spied on Osama bin Laden's compound.
The White House registered its objection before the vote, but did not threaten to veto the bill, which the House passed 386-28.
The Food and Drug Administration would have more power to catch tainted pharmaceuticals manufactured overseas before they enter the U.S. market under legislation passed Wednesday by House lawmakers.
The White House is warning that President Barack Obama will veto a widely popular House spending bill for veterans' programs and construction projects at military bases.
Retired Air Force Gen. Lester Lyles said new legislation calling for diversity benchmarks in the military would codify the recommendations of the commission he led in 2011 and would make for a better armed forces.
Even as they press cuts to food stamps and a host of other domestic programs, Republicans running the House of Representatives are shielding their own office expense accounts from further cuts.
House Republicans thwarted a plan by a few Democrats to cancel weapons programs. The moves and counter-moves came during debate on the 2013 Defense Authorization bill.