Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: House
House and Senate lawmakers have called on President Barack Obama to fill inspector general vacancies at six large agencies, including open spots at the Departments of Homeland Security and State.
The Air Force said it has identified 59 victims at a basic training facility. Thirty-two instructors are among those who have been accused or convicted of committing sexual improprieties with trainees. Senior leaders say they must do more to stop the problem.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says Senate Democrats will support a House Republican bill extending the government's ability to borrow for four months.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee held its first hearing on the steps needed to reform IT management across government. But federal CIO Steven VanRoekel said he has the authority needed to improve how agencies spend money on technology programs. Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), the committee's chairman, is developing legislation to update laws governing the management of IT.
Tags: technology , Steven VanRoekel , OMB , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , CIO authorities , IT reform , Tom Davis , Deloitte , David Powner , GAO , John Mica , Jason Miller , Congress
Michael Nelson talks about a Bloomberg Government study on the issues surrounding big data. Anthony Robbins of Brocade Communication discusses IT reform. Fedlink Executive Director Blane Dessy discusses how expanding his program will help cut government costs. Alex Bolton of The Hill newspaper fills us in on Congress' plans to solve the debt ceiling crisis.
Tags: Michael Nelson , Bloomberg Government , big data , Anthony Robbins , Brocade Communications , Congress , House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform , Blane Dessy , Fedlink , Library of Congress , Alex Bolton , The Hill , debt ceiling , DoD , DoD Report , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , federal drive
The House has postponed a vote on a bill to extend the federal pay freeze through the rest of 2013. In its place, the House is set to vote on a measure withholding congressional pay unless lawmakers pass a budget — part of a broader deal to extend the debt limit.
Later today, the full membership of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee will begin to consider legislation to reduce wasteful IT spending.
Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) introduced a bill that would block a 0.5 percent pay raise for federal workers slated to go into effect March 27. In an executive order issued late last month, President Barack Obama mandated a 0.5 percent pay increase.