Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Hord Tipton
Watch or listen to this program on demand below
Executive Director Hord Tipton discusses what agencies are planning.
The Obama White House is trying to put its own stamp on how it wants to protect the federal government's cybersecurity infrastructure. That's the message in the Office of Management and Budget's "Fiscal Year 2009 Report to Congress on FISMA, the Federal Information Security Management Act."
"Security" is a word that gets woven in to nearly everything your agency does, so understanding what your security people are worried about is good information to have.
Cyber-attackers could view a shutdown as the perfect opportunity to infiltrate government systems. ISC squared's Hord Tipton joins us with analysis.
The federal government's list of so called 'emergency' or 'excepted' IT personnel hasn't been updated in 15 years.
Security community urges lawmakers to consider feedback regarding how to solve federal human capital crisis in cybersecurity. ISC's Hord Tipton gives us details on a new poll.
As agencies try to hire hundreds of trained cybersecurity experts in the coming years, there are questions about whether that need can be met. Some observers wonder whether there really are enough cybersecurity workers.
July 17th, 2008