Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Hord Tipton
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Hord Tipton, the executive director of ISC2 and the former chief information officer at the Interior Department, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the "red flags" managers should look for in the hiring process.
Agencies, vendors can comment until Friday on the draft standard describing cybersecurity workers. A common definition will help agencies classify who is a cyber worker.
Watch or listen to this program on demand below
Executive Director Hord Tipton discusses what agencies are planning.
The Obama White House is trying to put its own stamp on how it wants to protect the federal government's cybersecurity infrastructure. That's the message in the Office of Management and Budget's "Fiscal Year 2009 Report to Congress on FISMA, the Federal Information Security Management Act."
"Security" is a word that gets woven in to nearly everything your agency does, so understanding what your security people are worried about is good information to have.
Cyber-attackers could view a shutdown as the perfect opportunity to infiltrate government systems. ISC squared's Hord Tipton joins us with analysis.
The federal government's list of so called 'emergency' or 'excepted' IT personnel hasn't been updated in 15 years.