Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committ
The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee approved six bills that would affect the day-to-day workings of the federal government.
Tags: Congress , Senate , Federal Real Property Asset Management Reform Act , Hatch Act Modernization Act of 2012 , management , Government Accountability Office , Tom Carper , Susan Collins , Joe Lieberman , AFGE , Esther Carey , Beth Moten
Director Peter Orszag pledges an "expedited review" into allegations an OMB employee threatened to "make life miserable" for the OPM IG over possible budget cuts.
Postal workers have been collecting workers' comp after retirement. A bill introduced by Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) would put an end to it.
A bill to boost training and testing for Federal Protective Service guards cleared the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee on Wednesday.
The Delaware Democratic senator wrote a letter to federal CIO Vivek Kundra asking for more details about which transparency websites will continue and which will go dark. Congress reduced the E-Government Fund by 76 percent in 2011forcing some near-term decisions.
GAO's biannual list includes 30 programs that are in trouble. House and Senate members promise to focus more of their attention on the initiatives most at risk. Members plan to use the model that worked for DoD and personnel security clearances in other problematic areas.
Tags: management , Gene Dodaro , Elijah Cummings , Darrell Issa , Josphe Lieberman , Daniel Akaka , Susan Collins , GAO , DoD , Census , USPS , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , High Risk list , personnel security clearances , congressional oversight , 2010 census , cybersecurity , waste, fraud and abuse , jason miller
Experts and lawmakers say the proof will be in the OIRA guidance to agencies in how impactful these reforms will be. Agencies must submit plans to OIRA in 120 days about how they will review existing regulations to ensure they are still relevant. Agencies will have to determine a cost-benefit analysis on existing rules.
Tags: management , Barack Obama , Cass Sunstein , Darrell Issa , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , White House , OIRA , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Gary Bass , Susan Dudley , OMBWatch , George Washington University , regulatory reform , regulatory burden , executive order , jason miller
Multiple hearings focus on figuring out what led to the Dec. 25 attempted terrorist attack. FBI, DHS, State offer details on what changes each made in the last month.
Tags: technology , management , Robert Mueller , David Heyman , Patrick Kennedy , Joseph Lieberman , Patrick Leahy , DHS , FBI , State , Judiciary Committee , information sharing , Terrorist watch list , No fly list