Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: High Occupancy Toll lanes
Some say Arlington County is way ahead of the curve when it comes to smart, sustainable transportation. Others say the county is hindering regional transportation projects. WTOP's Adam Tuss and Hank Silverberg take a closer look at transportation issues in Arlington.
Tags: I-395 , I-95 , HOT lanes , Beltway , Capital Beltway , I-66 , Bob McDonnell , Rosslyn-Ballston corridor , Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance , Bob Chase , Arlington County Board , Jay Fisette , Adam Tuss , Hank Silverberg
"We do believe HOT lanes have a great future in this region," says Virginia Transportation Secretary Sean Connaughton.
Virginia lawmakers are demanding Arlington back down on federal lawsuit over High Occupancy Toll lanes along the Interstate 95/395 corridor.
The study will look the possibility of High Occupancy Toll lanes on the interstate, congestion pricing and bus rapid transit, as well as changes to High Occupancy Vehicle lanes.
High Occupancy Toll (HOT) lanes are being built along that stretch, and some say the lanes are an ultra-modern, innovative solution to fighting congestion.
As Virginia waits for a lawsuit by Arlington to make its way through the courts, there are plans to extend another HOT lanes project closer to Maryland.
The first shift to a new bridge that's part of the High Occupancy Toll Lanes project begins Thursday night.