Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Hezbollah
The concern about the Iranian nuclear program in Israel is growing. Israeli sources say there's a possibility of some type of conflict in the near term. Most observers have been talking about an Israeli strike against Iran, but a source in Israel says the likelihood is greater that Iran will launch a pre-emptive strike in Israel using Hezbollah and Hamas. Hamas now has rockets that can reach Tel Aviv, so does Hezbollah. The thinking among some top Israelis strategists appears to be, Iran will launch this war via remote control as a distraction.
J.J. Green, WTOP national security correspondent
There is growing proof of a link between narco-traffickers and al-Qaida after international authorities have discovered a scheme that's been flying under the radar.
Tags: al-Qaida , Peru , Lima , India , Pakistan , Peruvian Financial Intelligence Unit , Brazil , Argentina , Paraguay , Hamas , drug cartels , Spectre Group International , Mike Braun , Drug Enforcement Administration , J.J. Green , JJ Green
Air cargo and aviation threats against the United States.
Tags: Transportation Security Administration , John Pistole , Transportation Security Operations Center , Assistant to the President for Homeland Security a , John Brennan , Robert Gibbs , Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab , underwear bomber , al-Qaida , al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula , J.J. Green , Andrew Arena , Ron Reddy , Shia
Defense Secretary Robert Gates says he's satisfied with Pentagon planning to counter the threat posed by Iran's nuclear program. During a joint news conference at the Pentagon with Israeli defense minister Ehud Barak, Gates also said, "We are at a point now where Hezbollah has far more rockets and missiles than most governments in the world." Those weapons are a clear threat for Israel. Barak said Israel was closely watching Hezbollah.