Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Henry Cuellar
Rep. Tom Latham (R-Iowa) introduced a bill requiring agencies to use continuous process improvement measures. The bipartisan "Lean and Responsive Government Act" looks to improve efficiency and effectiveness in agency management.
Legislation aimed at improving response times and customer service across government agencies passed the House Wednesday.
The provision is one of many in a new bill passed out of a House committee last week to boost customer service at federal agencies. The Federal Customer Service Enhancement Act — or H.R. 538 — would direct the Office of Management and Budget to set customer service standards and name someone to be a customer relations representative at each agency.
Changes are in the works for visa security passenger pre-screening efforts in the wake of Flight 253.
Texas Democrat's bill would modernize how the government appropriates, measures funding. Agency progress with financial management oversight improves slightly, but still no consolidated audit opinion.
Tags: mngt , Diana Watson , Gene Dodaro , Richard Gregg , DHS , DoD , NASA , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , GAO , Treasury , Army Corps of Engineers , financial management , audit opinion , CFO Act , Performance based budgeting
Past attempts at government reform through evaluation haven't had much success. But with the recent passage of a law that updates GPRA, some experts say this time could be different.
Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Texas)explains the need for the Government Performance and Results Modernization Act of 2010, which has passed both houses of Congress.
Congressman Henry Cuellar's homeland security bill to direct the Federal Emergency Management Agency to assess the efficiency of homeland security grants is about to become law. He explains how it will work.
CBP to implement and evaluate technologies at two sites in Arizona this year to see how well SBINet works and whether to continue deploying the technology. These tests are part of Secretary Napolitano's assessment of SBINet's value. Lawmakers remain pessimistic that the program can get back on track.
Administration will list agencies' progress in meeting their high-priority goals detailed in the 2011 budget request. OMB wants quarterly updates to ensure agencies are on track to meet their plans of actions and milestones. Meanwhile, the House passes a bill to mandate a new type of performance management.