Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: HeartBleed
Larry Zelvin, the director of the National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center in DHS's National Protection and Programs Directorate, is expected to tell the House Homeland Security Committee Wednesday that the implementation of the advanced intrusion detection and prevention program known as Einstein is hampered by the lack of clarity of the exact role DHS is allowed to play under the current set of cybersecurity laws.
DHS says it found out about the Heartbleed vulnerability at the same time everyone else did. But unlike most other organizations, it had to wade through layers of legal negotiations before it could help federal agencies fix the cyber vulnerability in their own systems.
FEW Washington representative Janet Kopenhaver, will discuss pay inequity and other issues facing women in the federal government, and Andy Medici and Nicole Blake Johnson from the Federal Times will talk about the federal employee morale survey and the Heartbleed hacking.
April 23, 2014
Tags: pay and benefits , Janet Kopenhaver , Federally Employed Women , Andy Medici , women salaries , pay inequity , GS-15 , employee morale , cybersecurity , Heartbleed , Nicole Blake Johnson , Mike Causey , Your Turn , workforce
Federal Managers Association President Pat Neihaus, and Andy Medici and Nicole Blake Johnson from the Federal Times will give us an update on a number of different pay issues affecting feds.
April 16, 2014
Tags: pay and benefits , federal pay debate , federal salaries , GS-15 , Combined Federal Campaign , Pat Niehaus , Federal Managers Association , Andy Medici , Nicole Blake Johnson , Federal Times , Heartbleed , cybersecurity , Mike Causey , Your Turn