Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Health IT Day
Ed Wilgus, senior contracting officer with the National Institutes of Health Information Technology Acquisition and Assessment Center, discusses new health IT contract.
The bidirectional electronic health records system has been sharing data only one way since February when VA shut it down because of a cybersecurity vulnerability. VA hopes to turn system back on in the next two weeks. VA and DoD are beginning the next pilot to share electronic health records with the private sector in Tidewater, Va.
Critical agencies such as FDA, CDC, CMS, HHS, VA, DoD and DHS are responsible for achieving Federal health objectives through the use of IT. We get an assessment on how they're doing from former VA Secretary James Peake.
Mike Dinneen, Director of the Office of Strategic Management for the Military Health System, updates Executive Editor Jason Miller from AFCEA Bethesda's Health IT Day.
We get details on how TRICARE is incorporating health IT from Michael Fischetti, Deputy Chief of Acquisitions for the Military Health System
The new virtual lifetime electronic records (VLER) will help prevent misplaced paperwork and help providers maintain and offer quality health care to their patients. Dr. Steve Ondra, the senior policy advisor for health affairs at the VA, explains.
AFCEA Bethesda's Health IT Day brings together senior government leaders and IT professionals from the health and medical communities to foster better communication, share lessons learned, and identify mission-critical health IT issues. Co-host Tom Temin gives us a preview.