Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Health IT Day
Ed Wilgus, senior contracting officer with the National Institutes of Health Information Technology Acquisition and Assessment Center, discusses new health IT contract.
The bidirectional electronic health records system has been sharing data only one way since February when VA shut it down because of a cybersecurity vulnerability. VA hopes to turn system back on in the next two weeks. VA and DoD are beginning the next pilot to share electronic health records with the private sector in Tidewater, Va.
Critical agencies such as FDA, CDC, CMS, HHS, VA, DoD and DHS are responsible for achieving Federal health objectives through the use of IT. We get an assessment on how they're doing from former VA Secretary James Peake.
Mike Dinneen, Director of the Office of Strategic Management for the Military Health System, updates Executive Editor Jason Miller from AFCEA Bethesda's Health IT Day.
We get details on how TRICARE is incorporating health IT from Michael Fischetti, Deputy Chief of Acquisitions for the Military Health System
The new virtual lifetime electronic records (VLER) will help prevent misplaced paperwork and help providers maintain and offer quality health care to their patients. Dr. Steve Ondra, the senior policy advisor for health affairs at the VA, explains.
AFCEA Bethesda's Health IT Day brings together senior government leaders and IT professionals from the health and medical communities to foster better communication, share lessons learned, and identify mission-critical health IT issues. Co-host Tom Temin gives us a preview.