Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Health IT
DoD opens its electronic medical records to VA claims processors for the first time. The goal is to shave days or weeks from the time it takes VA to decide disability claims for recently separated service members. But the launch of the system has had a few bugs.
Tags: technology , information sharing , VA , Defense Health Agency , House Veterans Affairs Committee , Dave Bowen , AFGE , Richard Thomas , Gerald Manar , Veterans of Foreign Wars , Eric Jenkins , Lorraine Landfried , Jared Serbu
In a special commentary, Federal News Radio's Tom Temin asks, where were the crowd-sourcing, cloud-computing, agile-developing, data-dot-goving, code-a-paloozing studs who have been swept into so many agencies by the Obama administration before the launch of HealthCare.gov?
In his first public comments since the portal launched, federal CIO Steve VanRoekel said agencies and contractors can learn from the problems the website encountered. He said many times big failures provide the opening for major changes.
Dr. Theresa Cullen, chief medical informatics officer at the Veterans Health Administration, leads the program that allows the departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs to share data to improve the quality of health care they provide.
Tags: HealthCare.gov ,
Some blame procurement for HealthCare.gov's troubles, but the root of the problem with the government's health care website is a matter of pure project management.
Dave Bowen, the director of health care IT and chief information officer for DHA, said the business case for the three-month-old organization shows potential savings by eliminating duplicative systems, networks and applications.