Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Harris Corp.
Last year, the Pentagon spent nearly $75 billion on acquisitions of commercial items, more than double the amount from five years ago. But the word "commercial" in DoD applies to a lot of products you won't find on any store shelf.
Tags: DoD , commercial products , technology , Network Integration Evaluation , John Morrison , Kevin Kelly , LGS Innovations , Alcatel-Lucent , Sean Varah , MotionDSP , Dennis Moran , Jacques Gansler , acquisition , industry , Defense Science Board , Navy , CANES , DJ LeGoff , Terry Halvorsen , Jared Serbu
During the last Defense drawdown, Congress and the White House pushed the Pentagon to make smarter buying decisions in the hopes that it would save a lot of money. The idea was to have the military buy many products the same way businesses do. A decade and a half later, DoD now spends tens of billions of dollars a year under the commercialized models Congress set up. In a two-part, exclusive report, Federal News Radio examines the debate underway over how well it has worked out.
Tags: commercial products , Bill Clinton , Al Gore , Reinventing Government , commercial of a type , Shay Assad , Clinger-Cohen Act , William Clinger , Federal Acquisition Streamling Act , Susan Lawrence , Army , Network Integration Evaluation , Navy , CANES , Coast Guard , John Korn , DoD , Aquisitions , Scott Amey , Project on Government Oversight , Defense Service Board , William Perry , Dennis Moran , Jared Serbu , Nett Warrior
Policy change also helps change behavior
Poisoned PDFs? Here's your antidote