Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Hank Silverberg
Rep. Gerry Connolly and the Fairfax Board of Supervisors are asking the federal government to open the I-66 ramps at Monument Drive and Stringfellow Road during the hours they are normally closed.
"When people start seeing big concrete piers being constructed in the median of Route 7 or what they consider the middle of Route 7, that's going to be a little bit disruptive, and they're going to be gawking," says Marcia McAllister, a spokeswoman for the Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project.
Alexandria police are cracking down on the misuse of handicapped parking spaces after receiving a series of complaints. This enforcement campaign will include both public and private spaces.
A lighting bolt ripped through the library at Colonial Forge High School a short time after students were dismissed Tuesday.
Opponents of a plan to put a Walmart Super Store near the Wilderness Battlefield in Virginia now have some added ammunition.
Virginia Tourism Corp. spokeswoman Tamara Talmadge-Anderson says a joint marketing strategy between D.C., Maryland and Virginia has helped business soar.
Preservation Virginia's annual list of endangered historic sites and properties includes several schools that educated African-American children during Virginia's segregated past and all of the state's family cemeteries.
Citizens for a Countywide Transportation Plan have come up with their own proposal to counter Loudoun County's $2 billion project for highway construction. The group has hired a consultant to take a second look at the county's plans.
Currently, Covanta Energy's waste-to-energy facility handles a million tons of trash per year, producing enough electricity to power 80,000 homes. The energy created is the equivalent of about 500,000 barrels of oil per year.
As Virginia waits for a lawsuit by Arlington to make its way through the courts, there are plans to extend another HOT lanes project closer to Maryland.