Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Haiti Earthquake
Jeff Alderdice and Dave Smith from Northstar Global Response join host Derrick Dortch to talk about their plans to train emergency responders in other countries.
July 20, 2012
Locals needn't to look to the Caribbean country almost 1,500 miles away for a first hand account of the horrors from the 7.0 tremor. Members of the Fairfax County Urban Search and Rescue team were among the first responders to those who were trapped beneath the rubble.
The manager of a Frederick service station who gave away gasoline to induce customers to make donations to Haitian earthquake relief did not have permission to do so from the station's owners and has been charged with theft
Last Thursday, Gainesville firefighters returned from a mission to Haiti where they helped rescue 16 earthquake victims trapped inside rubble over a 14-day period.