Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: HUD
This week on Ask the CIO, we learn how -- and why -- HUD's CIO reorganized his office.
March 4, 2010
The Administration announced adjustments to the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) and to the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) programs. American Banker's Jodi Schneider breaks it down for us.
The Senate Homeland Security Ad Hoc Subcommittee on Disaster Recovery used recovery case management as an example of the problems and advantages of interagency collaboration.
HUD will be first agency to return to using the portal for Recovery Act grant opportunities. HHS says technology upgrades should last for two years.
Data relevancy taking over data accessibility
Agency plans on adding solar power, heating water through solar thermal processes and restoring the windows so they open. Along with GSA, several other agencies are due for major renovation through the Recovery Act, and all will be more energy efficient. GSA also is applying green requirements to all new major leased buildings starting in January.