Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: HUD
President Barack Obama has promised to end homelessness among veterans within three years. He's made it a high-priority goal, challenging agencies to meet it without additional resources or laws. Officials say they're on track thanks to a unique collaboration between two agencies and dozens of local partners is focusing on the toughest cases.
Neidermayer will be replaced by Patsy Garnett as deputy CIO for business and IT transformation.
Agencies have tons of data but don't always use it wisely. A new report examines how a few agencies are analyzing statistics to reach their goals. The Partnership for Public Service and IBM suggest in their report agencies try the 2002 Oakland A's approach to using statistics to build a winning team.
A new report from the Partnership for Public Service and IBM's Public Sector Business Analytics and Optimization Practice points to the importance of analytics in measuring agency performance. But the report emphasizes that data collection is only the first step in turning facts and figures into usable information.
Congress gave Department of Housing and Urban Development programs to help homeless vets a slight boost in fiscal year 2012, in what may be a sign that Secretary Shaun Donovan's plan to turn around an agency once called the "poster child for scandal-ridden, dysfunctional bureaucracy" is working. Donovan said he is emphasizing performance based on data, and demanding that HUD staff increase collaboration among themselves and with other agencies. He spoke Thursday at the Excellence in Government conference in Washington.
December 15th and 22nd, 2009 at 11:30 AM
On this week's episode of "Gateway to Government Sales," Scott Orbach presents a range of FY 2010 contracting opportunities for companies with GSA Schedules. Agencies with new listings for the 1st and 2nd Quarters of 2010 include the DOJ and HUD amongst others.
The Assistant Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity explains why this month is so important.
Check out a preview of this week's Ask the CIO.
HUD chief information officer Jerry Williams and deputy CIO Chris Neidermayer are taking an entirely new approach to fix the agency's challenges around managing and successfully completing IT projects.
January 27, 2011